Our Tuscany Bike Tours is a breathtaking ride through the rolling hills passing by vineyards, villas and olive groves. We will visit a 12th century castle which is one of the finest wine and extra virgin olive oil producers in the area. A traditional lunch is offered at the castle.
- Tour the wine cellar of 12th century castle, taste their vino and olio produced on the family estate. (One glass of wine with olive oil on salted bread).
- Bike tour begins along tree lined avenues and winding country roads dotted with olive groves, villas and vineyards.
- Tour the wine cellar of 12th century castle, taste their vino and olio produced on the
- family estate.
- Visit the "Frantoio" (olive oil production facility) within the castle.
- Climb the tower of the castle for a spectacular panoramic "vista".
- Eat at the Castello di Poppiano: light lunch is offered with wine and extra virgin olive
- oil tasting.
- Option to purchase exclusive products (wines and oils).
|Participants||There is one guide every 10/12 cyclists|
Spectators free of charge
This is our best-selling tour that has made us famous among the public. It’s the perfect balance between cycling, admiring beautiful landscapes and tasting the gastronomic specialties of the area. Our Tuscany Bike Tours take place in the heart of the Chianti Colli Fiorentini area. All our participants are supplied and fitted with bikes and safety helmets. Our guide will tend to your every need. Before taking to the bike there will be a bicycle orientation and tour safety talk. The ride is breathtaking; we will enjoy the spectacular rolling hills passing by vineyards, villas and olive groves. In addition to the ride we will visit a 12th century castle, which is one of the finest wine and extra virgin olive oil producers in the area. A traditional lunch is offered at the castle and it’s included in the price.
- Terrain: Mixed terrain, well surfaced roads with light traffic. One steep uphill 1.2km (0.6 miles) optional (van support)
- Duration: 6 hours approximately.
- Distance: 20km (12,5 miles)
- Skill level: Beginner (suitable for occasional or casual cyclists)
- Season: March – November
- Support vehicles: yes